Sunday, November 25, 2007
Interactive Multimedia Videojournalism Manifesto add ons
From the original 1-23 Video Journalist decree
24. Create alternatives to the convention ~ that may surprise you
25. Experiment or expire - a run on demo or die from MIT
26. Acknowledge that online the environment is interactive, your package can have multiple entry points.
27. Think expansively, shoot lean. Think like a detective entering a crime scene. If you think too narrowly, too traditionally, you're in danger of missing the new story, the new clues.
28. Videojournalism, blogging, photography are daughters of multimedia which may well require a multi modal language approach i.e. you could be the one to better define the new language.
29. Mi6 VJ says you can shoot and strip a package 6 ways,. You're a conductor controlling the play of any instrument at any time in unison. But you'll need to appreciate the capabilities of the instruments.
30. Add value to the visual conversation rather than exclusively always seeking a reaction. There is a difference. Being confrontational does not always lean towards resolution
31. It's not multimedia that is impossible. it's how you're conditioning your thinking.
32. It is an evolving language with atracting jack of all trades and masters of all.