Sunday, December 02, 2007

Steady cam - handy cam combo

Tom Barrera dropped me a line with details of an interesting device he's created here.

His words:" A way to do photo and video journalism at the same time. I doubled my income with it.
Its called a Quad Pod Combo Al lin One".


Thanks Tom.

And I like the maketese line "I doubled my income with it"

This isn't an endorsement, as I have never tried it, but equally I'm not being dismissive.

If it can help make the work of photojo and video easier then that must be useful.

Have a look and see what you make of it.

Camera devices
There are a couple of devices on the market for videojos: film maker Mike Figgiss' 'wheel like steady cam - the Fig Rig" has been used by a fair few friends of mine in shoots.

Then there's the steady cam junior - a smaller version of the steady cam, that perhaps doesn't get used enough.

A simple enough steadycam can also be obtained from a small tripod by weighting the bottom and extending the neck where you'll place your grip.

In Norway, if I can find the film, a senior exec has the camera attached to a pulley device.

Last week at Reuters one of their execs spoke about a min- body crane that helped you do Pieces to Camera or Standups so you could get an appreciable depth of field.

Keep those devices coming

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may not have heard of the Camsling these device has been around for awhile and it's selling was that it was under £100.

http://www.camsling.co.uk/

diversity production network

Dr David Dunkley Gyimah said...

yeah

thanks mate. Yes I had actually. My VJ colleague at Urban fox has that and many more goodies

but prey where does it all start?

Anonymous said...

There is a newer more versitile version of the Home Built Steadycam Design.

Check out the site for complete tutorial & sample video clips.

http://www.STEADYCAM-PRO.com

...