Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Commercials on the underground - videojournalism

Today the London Underground started its long awaited "commercials on the underground" - a process referred to as XTP - Cross Track Projection

I say long awaited because I worked on Viacom UK/ London Underground's launch in 2001 working as a creative director at Interactive Ad Agency, Re-active.net in London Soho, managed by ex-head of TV at Saatchis Jon Staton.

I'll talk more about the process of creating some of the first ads underpinned by video journalism in later posts.

Meantime you can peruse some of our interactive work on a website made in 2000 largely by my colleague Rosalind Miller which I'm still pretty much fond of.

Click on XTP.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

David the link to the former Re-active site is dead, it was through an article in Sony producer magazine about Vjing and Re-active many moons ago, that I first heard about you.

Dr David Dunkley Gyimah said...

Hello there

I think it's up again. Careful now, you're making me seem ancient :)