If those sprawling three-minute YouTube clips seem to drag on forever,
Filminute, "the international one-minute film festival," might be right up your
alley. Wired Magazine online
- Paul Haggis,Oscar-winning director of Crash and Million Dollar Baby, is a 2008 jury member of Filminute.
- This year they screened through 1500 films, animations, and mashups from 60 countries (an increase of 33 percent over last year, when films were submitted from 45 countries). Twenty-five films representing 16 countries land on the shortlist and the world is then invited to view and vote from September 1-30.
- This, says Sabaa could be the biggest gala festival of its kind
- A Tech company that was heavily involved in streaming the Olympics in China are on board.
- Selfridges UK will be part of the fiesta with a full cinema built into the Ultralounge and a digital installation in the luxury good section of the Oxford street store.
- They've got mentions in the New York Times,Variety, Wired and Timeout to name a few
Frankly if you're a broadcaster I'd go bite off the hands of Sabaa and John and get involved.
Sabaa's asked if I can do a few video journalism driven news shorts, which sounds fun; s0 I'll re post any updates in time.
But as a side thought a 60 second VJ piece as an entry might have got you in the final 25, which become available for you to vote a winner in September.