Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I'm melded

That's it! But now Paul and Andy start the gradt at Meld, but by all accounts there is a excitement in the air.

If you're in the US, perhaps MELD as an organisation will have greater currency, for there's a good number of people helping put journalism onto a fresh footing, often with funding to boot.

The Knight Foundation is just one of many. MELD in the end is a brokerer, the yellow brick road between your house and that Wizard of Oz, the programmer/broadcaster.

And along the way lies the journey, the process of creativity which journalism is being asked to deliver.

Alison Waugh, creative consultant and I had a "wow" conversation yesterday, following the post of her interview. She's one of my PhD colleagues, So I hope you to introduce her to you more formally.

Wanna know about water? Don't ask a fish.

It is outside the four walls of journalism that solutions may lie about how we mash and turn it inside out.

Alison is one of those non-fish species. She lives outside the bubble, so has solutions that most will find deeply engaging.

As a journalist who's worked in front and behind the camera, made Ads for ad agencies, graphic and websites, it is fundamental point.

Anytime I get the chance to work with someone inspiring like Rob Chiu whom I'll post to the front of Viewmagazine, I come away enthused at a new idea.

It's this cross pollination, the share economy, the era of interdependency that finds new roads less travelled where we might work new solutions.

Alsion is doing that, MELD is doing that.

Question is do you want to engage?

It's your choice and it really is that simple.

Video coming up soonish

4 comments:

Andy Dickinson said...

I saw the Knight foundation stuff.

I think Meld is different in that it's offering an environment to try and grow innovation (as well as a bit of money and the opportunity to pitch the ideas and generate more!)

Money and a safe space.

Still it would be nice to have a knight foundation in the uk :)

Dr David Dunkley Gyimah said...

Tipping my head, I stand corrected.

Andy Dickinson said...

Tipping my head.

Sorry wasn't correcting. Just trying to cover myself after saying on camera that no one else was doing this :)

Dr David Dunkley Gyimah said...

Yes hear you, Just about to post piece to camer with Paul summing up the evening.

No tea pots :)

Someone's reading this now thinking what are you on about.