David tries out the Televizija Vijesti's newsroom - a great illustration of broadcasting ingenuity on a tight budgetA small station, which punches above its weight in a region that rarely gets talked about for its innovation.
Televizija Vijesti in the town/small city of Podgorica has been attracting some attention amongst Montengrans and for reasons we found out today.
I've just flown out to Montenegro for the weekend to present and deconstruct ideas on video journalism and how and what to do setting up a unit.
I'll post more details soon, with quite some wonderful presentations from the likes of
- Vin Crosbie Adjunct Prof of Visual & Narrative Communications, SI Newhouse School of Public Communications.
- Howard Elston, Digital Productions Manager from the Telegraph- a wonderful candid presentation on the market, The Telegraph's work and the future
- Mary Hockaday, Deputy Head, BBC Newsroom.
- Per Fjeld, TV Editor Aftenbladet Multimedia AS Norway
- And Craig Neable, Dir of Product Management, Zattoo Europa AG.
During the TechCrunch MeetUp in Zurich: Zattoo' interview from Thierry on Vimeo.
Video NOT from podgorica confrence
It's really a gathering of newspapers and publisher from SA, Russia and the region looking for solutions to expand into these new digital mash-up areas and well worth dissecting.