Saturday, November 10, 2007

the new journalists


A month after graduating from his Masters course at the University of Westminster, Tamer - a blogger, web designer, videojournalist, doc maker, radio hack and all round media savvy reporter gets into the heart of the matter - the front line in Gaza - as the BBC's Gaza Correspondent.

If you're a student going through journalism school anything is possible. BUT. . . as Tamer explains in a video post before he left be focused and put in the work.

Something that applies to us all

Marvelous stuff

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A month?! That's incredible. You should be very proud of your alumni.

Dr David Dunkley Gyimah said...

I believe all unis offer good value for money - at least the many I have had a chance to look at as one of the council members of the UK's BJTC.

But that line does ring in my head from the Matrix, something like : "Are you ready to go down the rabbit hole, cuz Kansas is going bye bye".

There have been many many talented students like Tamer who were willing to go down the hole.

On his way, I said to him I am now his student, as he informs us all about Gaza etc.

Yes we ( journalism team), everyone's proud.

Cheers Dave (Lee)

Dr David Dunkley Gyimah said...

hahaha:)

I'm not sure whether this is serendipity Dave, but you took centre stage at my lecture to the current cohorts of Master students.

I brought up your site as an example of a a fine blog from a student.

Hope you got some traffic and links from it :)