Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sandy Jadeja - The man who predicted the crash shot on the Canon HD CMOS


The man who predicted the market crash from david dunkley gyimah on Vimeo.

If I could ask you to do one thing first and that is to google [ google don't like it their name as a verb] "Sandy Jadeja".

I have reposted this on the front page of viewmagazine.tv having effectively telecined it which removes some artefacting and provides mood, coupled with the its accompanying music.

This was shot on the Canon HD CMOS.

What do I think about this 500ukp baby?

If you're intending on shooting semi or pro, then it's not for you. There are a number of hoops you have to jump through to ingest the footage and then bring it into FCP.

However pays you money make your choice, this is an excellent camera for its price range and the non fussy shooter. It certainly also has the advantage of stealth in shooting sensitive scenes.

Would I have one on location?

No, because the A1 without the matt box and camera is almost the same size but far superior in quality.

But if you gave me one, I wouldn't say no.

1 comment:

Cliff said...

My reading indicates too many people having issues around ingesting and editing SONY's AVCHD - let alone the proprietary nature of Canons version. And with Apple unwilling to even burn Blu-ray, and the recent announcement of removing firewire 400 ports on their latest laptops, that's a clincher for me to not go that route.

I'm staying conservative and shooting my tape based SONY HC7's - the m2t format has it's own set of issues - being the Log GOP file format. I'm about ready to either move to Avid Media Composer (That's another story though) or Cineform NeoHDV so that my footage - albeit will take up more HD space, will be frame based DI's that don't have near the issues editing native m2t files are producing these days.