Monday, September 17, 2007

Jobs, jobs, jobs at Al Jazeera


They're hiring a plenty over at Al Jazeera International. I have been to their office a couple of times to see them at work.
Today I'm hoping to talk to Riz Khan - one of its presenters. Er' it'll have to be Chatham House rules when I do. I have been watching AJ. Not as much. Hey 24 hours in the day, you know!

Riz won't mind me saying this, but at heart he's a vj. He shot a couple of docs from Afghanistan and we once spent a TDB ( till day break) ie all through the night editing a doc on The Hajj which was played on the BBC World Service.

The big question obviously is when AJI will eventually get into the US market. A new administration perhaps? But the fact they're on a second major hiring run suggests they're here to stay.

Before AJI was set up and Riz was at CNN Interntional he said something that was pretty instructive.

Since CNN is a global channel why do they always start off a new presentation involving the US president with: US president Bush met with South Africa's Thabo Mbeki. Why not South Africa's President Thabo Mbeki met with US President Bush.

That small adjustment is a huge shift in thinking - something AJI is keen to see.

More details on jobs go to the Guardian Newspaper. Happy Doha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like a creative job in my Favorite TV channel Al Jazeera.
I would like Produce the diferent type of Programme for my Channel.

Anonymous said...

hi,
i would also like to have a job at aljazeera and contribute to my utmost but i have no idea how we can apply for the job.
thanx.